- Who are we?
- How we may contact you As Part Of Your Life Insurance Enquiry
- How you contact us
- How we keep you informed
- Obtaining Personal Data / Information
- Customer Communication
- What Personal information Do We Collect?
- Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
- How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
- What cookies do we use?
- How secure is our site and what steps do we take to keep your personal information safe?
- Rights Of Access To Your Personal Information
- How long will we retain your personal information for?
- Your Right To Opt Out Of Future Contact From Us
- Your Right To Be Forgotten/Erasure Of Your Personal Information
- How to make a complaint?
1. Who Are We?
LifeCover.ae is a trading name of Fracta Digital Media Ltd. Fracta Digital Media Ltd is licenced by the Information Commissioners Office, (Registration Number Z3609437), Registered in the UK, number 08424846. Registered Office Address: Adelphi Mill, Grimshaw Lane, Bollington, Cheshire, SK10 5JB.
LifeCover.ae are aware how important your privacy is, based on this we have implemented measures which will ensure any personal information that is obtained from you by visiting our website will be processed and maintained in line with accepted principles of good information handling and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Contained within this statement and set out below are details of the type of information that we at LifeCover.ae may hold about you our customer, also how we obtain and process any information we may have and importantly how we protect your privacy.
We, and our panel of Life Insurance providers, will keep you informed with the progress of your enquiry. Unless you state otherwise you may be contacted via telephone, email, post, SMS and automated message. (see further section on 'How we keep you informed')
Lawful basis for collecting your personal data
We process your personal data on different bases, according the reason for which you have provided your data to us. When you are browsing the Website, we process your data on the basis that you have given your consent to such processing by accessing the Website. When you have submitted your life insurance enquiry with the TFLI Group, we process this personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in processing your data (i.e. to share your information with our life insurance providers). When we have submitted the life insurance enquiry, we process your personal data on the basis that we need this information to fulfill our obligations under the contract we have entered into with you.
You can withdraw your consent to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" option in any marketing SMS, email we, or any associated third party, send to you. Alternatively, you can withdraw your consent by contacting our Data Protection Officer using the contact details stated in section 14 / 15. If you change your mind about agreeing to us processing your personal data, this will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing we have carried out before you change your mind.
If you are required to telephone us using the specified telephone numbers on our website under the Contact or advertising/marketing correspondence then your call may be recorded for training, quality and regulatory purposes. We pride ourselves in complete customer care and this gives us the opportunity to continuously improve and monitor our customer experience.
4. How We Keep You Informed
We may want to make contact with you at some point in order to keep you informed regarding offers on products or services which we think you may find of interest, this contact will be made via telephone, email, SMS, automated messages.
5. Obtaining Data/Information
The information/data that we would normally collect from you is as follows:
- Residential address
- Residential Status
- Email address (if applicable)
- Telephone number (home, mobile, work)
- What you do on our website; the results of this will be used to show Be Sure Insure examples of which parts of our website are most and least used (please refer to 'Cookies' section)
If you register with us and have a question about our services, or alternatively choose to send an email to email@example.com may also collect the above personal information/data in this instance in order for us to respond to your enquiry.
6. Customer Communication
Unless the customer states otherwise we will contact the customer via means of telephone, SMS and email to provide information and alerts relating to our services and our associate companies. We may also receive personal information/data from third parties, which enables us to identify potential customer products, and services who have expressed interest in our Life Insurance products and services. Any information/data obtained from third parties is checked in regards to accuracy and we will endeavor to check your information with you on occasion
Ensuring your personal details & or preferences are kept up to date
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information we have on record for you is kept up to date and correct. If you do require any of your information to be updated then please contact us as soon as possible so we can ensure it is corrected.
If you require your preferences to be updated then please contact our Compliance Manager as soon as possible (details set out below).
7. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you when you give this to us when submitting your life insurance enquiry online. This might be, for example, to obtain comparative quotes for the life insurance enquiry. In the course of providing the Services to you, we may also store information about how you use our Sites, for example, the pages viewed, the website from which you came to visit our Sites, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your applications, together with personal details, for example, name, address and date of birth.
We will store the information you provide and may use it to pre-populate fields on our Web Sites, Emails and SMS platforms, to make it easier for you to use our services when making return visits.
We may monitor or record your Calls, Emails, SMS or other communications but we will do so in accordance with data protection legislation and other applicable law. Monitoring or recording will always be for business purposes, such as for quality control and training (e.g. where you call our compliance or customer service department), to prevent unauthorised use of our telecommunication systems and Sites, to ensure effective systems operation, to meet any legal obligation and/or to prevent or detect crime.
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is permitted by law.
8. Who Do We Share Your Personal Information With?
When you complete an application, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Life insurance providers as detailed below.
b. Life insurance providers as detailed below.
- Arlo Associates
- Holborn Assets
- our channel operators: whilst the majority of the channels on our Sites are run by us, some of our channels are designed and maintained for us by our third party service providers. We may receive your personal information from these service providers and use it in accordance with section 4 above. We will only use the personal information we receive from third parties where the relevant third party can show that it was collected and processed with your consent;
- the Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies, for the purposes of compliance monitoring;
Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you (including electronic identifiers such as IP addresses) and/or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law;
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; and/or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
9. How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your personal information:
- to enable you to access and use the Services;
- to personalise and improve aspects of our Services;
- for research, such as analysing market trends and customer demographics;
to communicate with you, including some or all of the following:
- sending you a confirmation email - when you submit an enquiry with us, you will automatically be sent confirmation of your enquiry by email or SMS so that you have a record of it;
- sending you life insurtance information in order to provide this service to you, we may also send that information to our partners such as life insurance introducers/ providers offering life insurance solutions
- to process an application between you and a third party such as the life insurance company
- to track applications, which may involve us sharing data with your product provider relating to the product(s) you have chosen. Your product provider may also send us information they hold relating to the product(s) you have chosen for this purpose;
- g. to match our data with data from other sources - we may validate and analyse your information and, in some cases, match it against information that has been collected by a third party to ensure that the information we hold about you is as accurate, consistent and as well-organised as possible.
10. What Cookies Do We Use?
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on the Sites;
- understand the number of visitors to the Sites and the pages visited; and
- remember you when you return to the Sites so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes.
Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser or mobile application - these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer or device either until you delete them or they expire. Every time you visit lifecover.ae, you will be kept signed in for a further 90 days. By using the Services, you consent to us using cookies.
11. How Secure Is Our Site And What Steps Do We Take To Keep Your Personal Information Safe?
Our Sites are "Let's Encrypt Secure Websites" and keeping information about you secure is very important to us. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Sensitive information, for example, your card details, is encrypted to minimise the risk of interception during transit.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can't guarantee or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
12. Rights Of Access To Your Personal Information
You have certain rights under data protection legislation. For example, we will always let you have a copy of the personal information we hold about you, if you request it from us in writing.
In order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the Sites. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our programme of continuous improvement and will not be published on the Sites.
Note that it is your responsibility to check and ensure that all information, content, material or data you provide on the Sites is correct, complete, accurate and not misleading and that you disclose all relevant facts.
You have a right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, you can also request to have incomplete personal data completed (Right to rectification).
We will process your request within one month from date of receipt. If you wish to make any changes please contact our Customer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. How Long Will We Retain Your Personal Information For?
The amount of time we retain your information for will depend on the reason it was provided:
- If you request to opt out of marketing, we will still need to retain your information in order to evidence your preferences.
- We will need to retain, for a minimum period of 6 years, any information relating to applications you have entered into on our website. This period will commence once your relationship with us has ended. We need to keep your information for this length of time to assist with any potential future complaints.
- Your information/data will not be used for marketing purposes once 12 months has passed following your application.
If you require further information on our data retention policies please email: email@example.com
14. Your Right To Opt Out Of Future Contact From Us
You can opt out of future contact from =LifeCover.ae?> at any time. All of our marketing messages provide an opt out link – please allow up to 48 hours for us to process your opt out request. Alternatively you can enter your details via www.removeme.co.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org where your details will be removed from any future marketing campaigns.
15. Your Right to be Forgotten / Erasure Of Your Personal Information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), all individuals have the right to request the deletion or removal of personal data (the right to be forgotten) under the following circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e. otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
- The personal data is processed in relation to the offer of information society services to a child.
There are some circumstances where the right “to be forgotten” does not apply i.e. where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
If you wish to request your “right to be forgotten” please email: email@example.com
Our marketing partners will also be informed of your request
16. How To Make A Complaint
LifeCover.ae always aim to be fair and honest in everything we do, so if you have a complaint about any aspect of our service we're keen to resolve it as quickly as possible. You can contact us is any of the following ways:
Complaints Department, Be Sure Insure, Adelphi Mill, Grimshaw Lane, Bollington, Cheshire, SK10 5JB
+44 1625 32 22 74 (international call charges may apply)
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 3 working days and we hope to provide a final response within 4 weeks. We will write to you again within 4 weeks if we are unable to provide a final response within that time period. In any event we will respond to your complaint in full within 8 weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to -
Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 023 4567
Web site: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
You can report any of your concerns to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)
Information Commissioner's Office
Tel: +44 1625 545 745 (international call charges may apply)
Fax: +44 1625 524 510 (international call charges may apply)
Last updated April 2018
Terms and Conditions
LifeCover.ae reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or cease to supply any product or service contained on this website. In the event that such removal takes place we shall not be liable to you in any way whatsoever for such removal.
Prices, and details, of products and services (and any offers) posted online are subject to change without notice. All products and services are subject to availability and we give no guarantee in this regard. The provision of details of products and services on this website are not, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or buy such products or services by the relevant company. The company advertising the products or services concerned may accept or reject your offer at its sole discretion.
The copyright in the material contained in this website belongs to LifeCover.ae or its licensed source. Any person may copy any part of this material, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may not be used for commercial purposes.
- The copies must retain any copyrights or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material.
- The products and technology or processes described in this website may be subject to other intellectual property rights reserved by LifeCover.ae or by other third parties (and no licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights).
- mages on this website are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without the written permission of their respective owner(s).
While LifeCover.ae has taken care in the preparation of the contents of this website, this website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos, icons regarding or relating to LifeCover.ae or the products and services of the same (or to third party products and services), are provided on an 'as is' basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, all such terms and warranties are hereby excluded. In no event will LifeCover.ae be liable (whether in contract or tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise) for any losses sustained and arising out of or in connection with use of this website including, without limitation, loss of profits, loss of data or loss of goodwill (in all these cases whether direct or indirect) nor any indirect, economic, consequential or special loss.
LifeCover.ae does not represent that the information contained in this website is accurate, comprehensive, verified or complete, and shall accept no liability for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained in this website or for any reliance placed by any person on the information.
LifeCover.ae does not warrant that the functions or materials accessible from or contained in this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that this website or the server that makes it available are virus or bug free or represent the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the materials.
If any of these Terms and Conditions (or any terms and conditions relating to a product or service referred to in this website) should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which such terms and conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, and in relation to such state or country only, such terms or condition shall be deleted and severed from the rest of the relevant terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude LifeCover.ae's liability for death or personal injury resulting from LifeCover.ae's negligence.
All Intellectual Property Rights (including, without limitation, all database rights, rights in designs, rights in know-how, patents and rights in inventions (in all cases whether registered or unregistered and including all rights to apply for registration) and all other intellectual or industrial property rights in any jurisdiction) in any information, content, materials, data or processes contained in or to this website belong to LifeCover.ae or its licensed source. All rights of LifeCover.ae in such Intellectual Property Rights are hereby reserved.
Unless otherwise specified, the products and services described in this website are available only to UK residents (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). The information on this Web Site is not directed at anyone other than UK residents and applications from others will, unless otherwise stated, not be accepted. LifeCover.ae makes no representation that any product or service referred to on the website are appropriate for use, or available in other locations. The information and other materials contained in this website may not satisfy the laws of any other country and those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable. The phone numbers provided only apply to phone calls made from within the UK.
These Terms and Conditions and any terms and conditions relating to products or services described in this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising in relation to the same shall, unless otherwise expressly agreed, be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Telephone calls using the telephone numbers provided on this website and email correspondence with LifeCover.ae at the email addresses accessible through, or discernible from, this website may be recorded or monitored. By using such communication methods you are consenting to the recording or monitoring of the same.
If you apply for any product or service detailed on this website, these Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with any other terms and conditions which relate to any such product or service and, in the event of any contradiction between these Terms and Conditions and the specific terms and conditions relating to such product or service, the latter shall prevail. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, product(s) and service(s) shall include, without limitation, any insurance or financial service.
The images, logos and names on this website which identify LifeCover.ae or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of LifeCover.ae or the relevant third parties. Nothing contained in this website shall be deemed to confer on any person any licence or right on the part of LifeCover.ae or any third party with respect to any such image, logo or name.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes on the website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms and conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of the latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been posted will be deemed to signify your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions. We recommend that you print off and retain for your records a copy of these terms and conditions from time to time and a copy of any terms and conditions relating to any product or service which you apply for online, together with any related application form completed and submitted. Any amendment to terms and conditions must be agreed in writing by us, or, if appropriate, by the relevant company with whom you contract.